A specialist Reading Recovery teacher provides children with a daily half hour targeted literacy lesson.
Session - The Gingerbread Man : Reading Recovery learners were excited to read the Gingerbread Man and follow a procedure to make their very own Gingerbread Men.
Learning Support Programmes
The Learning Assistants at St Mary's work closely with teachers and learners in programmes that support our learners.
- EIP - Early Intervention Project - Supports learners with their early literacy, numeracy and fine motor skills.
- Quick 60 - Provides support for learners in reading and writing through a carefully structured Non Fiction reading programme.
- STEPS - Small group computer based programme that helps the learner see and use words in a wide variety of contexts.
- Early Words - Learners learn early phonetic skills necessary to recognise or sound out unknown words for reading, spelling and writing.
- ESOL Group - Assist learners to acquire social and academic language by providing opportunities for practice in a school setting