Enrol at Our School
St Mary's Catholic School enrols children from Year 1 to Year 6.
The maximum roll is 400, with preference given to those with a commitment to the Catholic Faith. Up to twenty students at any one time may be enrolled as 'non-preference'.
On enrolment, there is a Diocesan Catholic Preference form to complete, with a preference card to be signed by your Parish Priest.
Students may be enrolled at any age and may begin school on/after their 5th birthday. All children in New Zealand must attend school before their 6th birthday. St Mary's Ellerslie runs a new parent Orientation Morning once a term for the students who will commence school the following term. Some students may require additional class visits to assist their transition to school, this can be arranged through the school office.
Application for enrolment does not guarantee a place at St Mary's School. Enrolment applications must be emailed or dropped in to the school office. Enrolments are reviewed and places are offered to applicant families twice a term. Depending on a number of factors, applicants may be offered a space on the 'Waiting List' rather than immediate acceptance. We recommend that you plan ahead and begin the application process well ahead of your child's 5th birthday.
Attendance Dues and Other Financial Commitments
In accepting the conditions of enrolment, parents undertake to pay attendance dues as determined by the Proprietor and approved by the Ministry.
An updated statement of accounts are sent out electronically at the beginning of each term. The end of year financial Tax Receipt is available for download from the parent portal from mid-April each year. Please keep your Tax Receipts in a safe place for your annual accounting and tax returns.
As the child begins school, the parent/caregivers will be asked for payment of the term fees (see document below). This can be paid through internet banking or the school office. Attendance Dues can be paid in full at the beginning of the school year, per term or by regular instalment.
- Attendance Dues are a compulsory payment under the terms of the Education and Training Act 2020 and a condition of enrolment at St Mary's Catholic School Ellerslie.
- Attendance Dues are charged for all students who attend Catholic Schools in New Zealand. Attendance Dues are used to repay loans for building works done at schools in the Auckland Diocese, property related costs including school building works, buildings insurance and costs directly associated with the administration of attendance dues.
- Attendance Dues are collected by St Mary's Catholic School Ellerslie on behalf of the school’s Proprietor, the Roman Catholic Bishop of Auckland. The attendance dues collected by St Mary's Catholic School Ellerslie are forwarded to Auckland Common Fund Limited, a company established by the proprietors of Catholic integrated schools in the Diocese of Auckland responsible for the collection of attendance dues.
- Attendance Dues payable for 2020 school year: Primary (Year 0 – Year 8) - $112.00 per term ($448.00 per year) including GST.
Special Character and Building Contributions
- The Catholic Special Character contribution is a voluntary donation of $12.50 per term ($50.00 per annum) per student. This contribution provides the main source of funding for all services provided to St Mary's Catholic School Ellerslie by the Catholic Education Services Board. No contributions are made by the Government for these services. The Catholic Education Services Board assists schools to provide a Catholic education for your child through the preservation and enhancement of the Catholic Special Character in our schools.
- Other Financial Contributions eg, Building Contributions collected on behalf of the Proprietor are permitted under the terms of the Education and Training Act 2020. These contributions are eligible for a taxation rebate.
Please contact the school office firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information or need any assistance.
When you apply for a placement at St Mary's Ellerslie, you will need to email or bring to the school office the following paperwork:
- Enrolment Form
- Preference Form
- Baptism Certificate (original to copy)
- Birth Certificate or Passport (original to copy)
- Visa - if applicable (original to copy)
- Immunisation Certificate (or print out of immunisation records from your G.P.)
Please contact the office for an Enrolment Pack (email@example.com) or download the relevant documents below: